What we have in our sights for investment in the next few years
- Increased Capacity, Benchmark Production
- Our 2014 expansion of manufacturing facilites in Belfast encompasses a 55,000 sq ft hi-def rotary flexo site as well as significant enhancement of the Company’s Lithographic production factory. Further capital expenditure is earmarked for 2015-2017 to ensure that Huhtamaki FS Delta remains at the forefront of innovative carton design, manufacturing and supply in Europe
- Manufacturing in Poland
- Our production expansion in Poland is based on a need to broaden our geographical reach with existing pan-European customers and bring supply chain comfort to these and new customers. The new design, testing and R&D development capabilities in Belfast will be used to drive innovation forward from all manufacturing sites
- Research & Development Focus
- Core to Huhtamaki FS Delta's expansion strategy is further roll-out of its unique, water-based functional barriers and coatings technology, already commercialised through Western Europe. Bespoke investment in specialist application and drying technology puts Huhtamaki FS Delta in a unique position in the converting industry to offer exciting performance enhancements and specialist finishes into the folding carton segment.This next generation of sustainable coatings can be applied in line at both sites, bring cost control back to the packaging conversion point and allowing flexible results tailored to specific customer needs across the single-use food packaging, pet food and detergent sectors in Europe.
- Sustainable Growth & Value
- The complexities for todays responsible carton manufacturer involve achieving a delicate balance of compliance with current and future legislations, sustainable design and operations, production efficiency and waste minimisation, increased recycling/reuse as well as quality, service and price. For our partners who demand a ‘total value’ service relationship, we aim to continue with our aggressive growth, cost reduction and process leadership strategies in conjunction with resourcing the search for new, safe and desirable packaging solutions that support those customer’s brands.
Learn more about our new investments