Building on years of packaging excellence for the food services industry
- 1981 - From humble beginnings
- Delta Print Limited was established in 1981 by local entrepreneur Terry Cross, above a corner grocery store in Belfast to manufacture business cards, letter headed paper and local civil service forms. From these humble origins, the business grew into a 5,000 sq ft workshop and then into a purpose-built 17,000 sq ft factory in West Belfast through the development of its commercial printing operations before recognising the opportunities available in the printed packaging sector in 1990.
- 1994 - Supplying demand
- By 1994, EN:ISO 9002 accreditation had been gained and high demand for folding cartons prefaced a move to Delta’s current site in 1995. Initially occupying half of a purchased 90,000 sq ft facility, further expansion in 2000 brought total factory space to 145,000 sq ft, utilised for production and warehousing.
- 2001 - Expanding into new markets
- 2001 saw the establishment of Delta Print & Packaging’s JV in Peoples Republic of China (Huabei Delta Print & Packaging Limited), closely followed by starting Fancypak in 2003 North East of Beijing.
In 2004, Delta Packaging gained BRC/IOP accreditation, successfully maintained since then.
- 2010 - A growing range
- 2010 saw Delta Packaging developing Asian operations by entering into a manufacturing partnership in India with Stora Enso Inpac, where the business manufactures printed folding cartons, litho-laminated cartons and corrugated retail & transit packaging.
- 2011 - Sustainable growth
- In 2011 Delta validated its operational sustainability credentials by achieving accreditation in Environmental Standard EN:ISO 14001 for the NI factory activities.
- 2016 - Hutamaki Group acquires Delta Packaging
- On 19th May 2016, Huhtamaki Group completed the acquisition of 100% of Delta Packaging Ltd’s folding carton manufacturing operations in Belfast together with those of European Packaging Solutions Poland sp zoo.
Learn more about our ongoing investments and plans for the future of Huhtamaki FS Delta.New investments
From ice cream to consumer electronics, Huhtamaki produces packaging for some of the world’s largest brands.
Delta manufactures a broad range of branded retail packaging for customers across the dairy, cereals, prepared meals, biscuits, confectionery, added value meat and ice cream sectors.
Branded food service
The world’s largest food service brands place their trust in Delta, where we offer supply and logistics support across Europe.
General retail packaging for many household names.
Servicing the largest retailers across a broad product spectrum.
B2B packaging clients
Long-standing partnerships with established, innovative European packaging partners.
From electronics to footware, Delta enhances and protects the brands of global companies.